Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Ruth

This morning I woke up very early and I decided that I would take advatage of my extra time by reading my Bible. I always have good intentions of reading the Bible, but somehow life always get in the way. So I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to study this morning, but I knew that I wanted to read about a woman of God. I opened my Bible to Ruth and began to read the story of an amazing woman committed to God and her family.

Ruth lost her husband and though it is not explained how, I'm sure that when it was time to leave her homeland, it had just happened. So here she is a grieving widow with no man to take care of her at all, her father-in-law had died too, and she chooses to take a journey with her mother-in-law back to her homeland. Ruth could have gone back to see her own family, but she told her mother-in-law that she wanted to stay with her.

So in the end God provided her with another husband and a son. Ruth never doubted that God would take care of her. What an example she is!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Becca,
The story of Ruth has always been a favorite of mine. Years ago when I sang in a group for weddings, we sang a song taken from the book of Ruth. "Whither Thou Goest I Will Go".Some of the words were "intreat me not to leave thee, or return from following after thee". KJV.
I don't know which version you read this morning, but you might read from The Women of Faith Bible. It is about all the Women of the bible.
May Our God bless you as you continue serving Him by serving others.
Make this a wonderful day.
I love you.

Rebecca said...

That is a great idea to look in the Women of Faith Bible. I will do that today, I'm sure it has lots of stories about women.

Anonymous said...

Ruth is an amazing example of a Lovely life. This is one of my favorites. I have a Bible Study blog that I did a 10-part series on Ruth (just finished it this week). Great post Rebecca! I loved reading what you had to say.
~Sendy