Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Recipes

I am always looking for new recipes and the internet has become a wonderful resource. Here is one of my all time favorites:

Crockpot Lasagna
1 lb ground beef (I use chicken)
1 lg. onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed and minced (I use garlic powder)
1 lg jar of favorite spaghetti sauce (1 lb 10oz.)
1/2 c shredded Parmesean/Ramono cheese
1 pkg. 8oz. no boil lasagna noodles
16 oz. shredded mozzerella
1 lb ricotta cheese
1/4 c milk
1 egg s & p to taste

Brown meat, onions and garlic in oil in frying pan. Drain off grease. Add spaghetti sauce into browned meat mixture. Mix well. In a seperate bowl, mix ricotta cheese, milk and egg. Beat until thouroughly mixed and smooth. Then mix in the mozzarella cheese and the grated cheese, so that all the cheeses are combined.

Grease the crockpot with some vegtable shortening on the bottom and sides. Put about 1/4 of the meat mixture in the bottom of the slow cooker. Layer noodles, cheese adn sauce mixture (about 3 layers). Cook on low for 4-6 hours.

Tomorrow I will post my favorite dessert!

1 comment:

Chris said...

How soon before it is ready?