Thursday, August 03, 2006

Ministry

Our church has a member who is a licensed psychologist and the church pays his salary. In turn members, you might not even have to be a member, can see him for free. Last night Jonathan and I had our first session with him. Don't worry Jonathan and I aren't are on the brink of seperation or anything, but we do need some help dealing with all of the changes that have gone on in our lives in the past 9 months.

We really like the counselor, he validated that we did have a lot going on and it was okay to have the feelings we were having. It was interesting how he didn't give direct advice, but often quoted others which served as advice. He gave us a book called "Boundaries." I know that my mom has read it and I think that Debi is reading it to. So maybe it is a good book for our whole family to read.

Our next appointment isn't until September because he is so booked, but it free and he's a Christian, beggers can't be picky. I am thankful for his ministry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rebecca,
You are in our prayers (I've added you to the Candles for God blog). I know that all this change has been difficult. But I see great strength and courage in the two of you. God is doing great things through you. Keep going to your appointments, hopefully he will shed some more light for you. Take heart.
Love you.

Chris said...

So it must be problems in your love life then?

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you guys for having the courage to seek out help (before your marriage is really in trouble!) I will be praying for you. I know that God will bless your efforts, in all parts of y'alls lives. We miss you guys and hope to see you soon!