Thursday, August 30, 2007

Baby Update!

We went for our ultrasound on Tuesday morning. The radiologist said that everything looks good and the tech said that she is pretty sure we are having a girl :) Jonathan still thinks that it still might be a boy. I guess only time will tell. But we have started calling her Kylee so she feels more real.

She has been kicking me more lately. But she only kicks once and then not again. Tonight Bryan actually put his hand on my belly after she kicked, but she did not kick again so he didn't get to feel her. That was the most excited that I have seen him about the baby. He was a little disappointed when he found out that he would have a little sister instead of a little brother, but I think he'll come around. I told him that maybe God will give us a boy next time.

I find myself rubbing my belly at school without even thinking. The whole school knows that I am having a girl and the kids have been requesting that I name her after them. Even the boys have made this request. They are so cute and so excited! The little ones don't understand and think that I have already had the baby. They ask me where the baby is and I tell them that it is in my belly. They then tell me that they can't see it.

I did get another picture from the ultrasound, but she was in the exact position as the first one. One hand was by her face and you couldn't see the other one. At least she is consistent :)

8 comments:

Karen said...

So they're only pretty sure, huh? Check out Jeanie and Erik's blog for their big surprise.

So, you haven't told me she moved yet. How weird does it feel?

Karen said...

Oh, do you want me to change your countdown ticker to pink now?

Anonymous said...

My due date is Feb. 2, but I haven't found out the sex. When were you first able to feel it moving? I still dont think I have felt anything.

Jen

Rebecca said...

I started feeling it about 2 weeks ago. It kind of feels like gas. I know that sounds gross, but it is the best way to describe it. Sometimes she kicks me hard, but I wouldn't say that it hurts. I can't feel her during the day yet, only at night when I am relaxed.

I don't think I want the ticker to be pink, that might be too much pink on the blog. She will be okay even with a blue ticker. :)

Jennifer said...

Girls are sooo much fun! We were sure we were having a boy, and when they said girl, I think I was a little disappointed at the time...I guess I was just sure it was going to be a boy and was set on that. Anyway, when I wrapped my mind around the idea of having a girl, it thrilled me. And, now that she's here, she really is a lot of fun! I love having my girl! You'll have a blast!
--jen j.

Sendy said...

A girl will be so fun! Kylee is a cute name. I like it. I have found that when I mention that Alex is kicking, and then one of the kids tries to feel it, he will stop! I think Jo felt it once, but it wasn't very big. The kicks only get stronger!

Kimberley said...

I knew Becca. I always do. ;)

April said...

Hey, it has been a while since I have checked your blog! That is so exciting that you are having a girl! We still don't know what ours is! It's an ornery one for sure! :) I hope you are still doing well.