Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Past tense

Last night Bryan and I were reading a story with a lot of past tenses. He likes to pronounce ed like the name Ed when it is at the end of word. He does it when he is speaking too, not just reading. Jonathan and I have been trying to be better about correcting him when he speaks incorrectly. We kept thinking that he might learn by osmosis, but that hasn't worked.

So last night as we were eating dinner we were drilling him on words and their past tenses. Work...worked, wish...wished, look...looked, etc. Well then Jonathan asked him what the past tense of shoot was. He didn't quite get it so Jonathan explained, "You know like if you were out shooting and you were done, what would you say?" Bryan responded, "Yay I hit it right in the middle!" We couldn't stop laughing.

On another note, we are officially a real city now. We got a Target. We took a family outing to Target last night. Bryan and Jonathan had a blast looking at the toy department, it is way better than Wal-Mart. I bought a book for the baby and enjoyed looking at all of the school supplies. It was just a regular Target, but it was so exciting because it only took us 5 minutes to get there. They will be getting a lot of my business now, goodbye Wal-Mart!

5 comments:

Karen said...

At first I thought the Target logo was here to go along with shooting. Glad to hear your town is moving up in the world. We'll have to go there next time I'm in town, just because. They've been having good sales on kids clothes if Bryan needs any for school.

Karianne said...

Hi there Rebecca! I heard about your blog from Michelle yesterday and had to check it out. I am so excited for you that you are expecting! It's funny because I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering if you were.

Anyway, congratulations! I'd love to catch up with you sometime.

-Kari

Rebecca said...

Hey Kari!
I would love to catch up too. I clicked on your name, but I couldn't find a blog. Send me an email so I can get your email address. tome.rebecca@gmail.com

Sendy said...

I love Target and it is so exciting that you all have one there now! Woohoo! Wish we were still there and you and I could have Target nights!
Have fun shopping girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

Hi Becca,
I love reading your blog. It is so interesting.You and Jonathan are so good with Bryan.
I can't wait to see the result of your bump.

Love to all of you.