Monday, July 16, 2007

Baby Tome


I had my first doctor's appt. today. He did an ultrasound and I wanted to share it with all of you. The doctor said that everything looks very good. Jonathan and I finally feel like its real, there is a baby in my tummy. Jonathan didn't seem that excited when we were looking at the screen today, but as soon as the doctor left, he said, "Wow that was cool!" I guess he didn't want to look too excited. The baby is looking straight out on the picture. You can see his/her left arm very well and the right arm just a little bit. Baby Tome sure was squirmy while he was trying to take a picture. I can't believe it is already so active. I can't wait until I can finally feel the baby kick.

I go back on Aug. 28th to see if it is a boy or a girl. So I will keep you updated as soon as I know anything. I can't stop smiling!!

Explanation: I forgot to mention that we did hear the heartbeat and it was very strong. Its amazing how fast it beats!

The head is on the right and the baby is looking straight at us. The mouth is open and you can see the eyes above them. The belly is on the left. There are no legs visible, but the doctor assured me that it does have legs! I hope that helps

12 comments:

Mary Ann Melton said...

What a fun, exciting time! I am so happy for you two!

Mandi said...

Congrats! I can't wait to hear either!!

Amanda said...

How exciting! So, I thought I had gotten better at seeing these sonograms, but what I thought I saw is not what you described...so I guess I'm not so good! Anyway, we are happy for you and can't wait to find out what it is!

Ruth Ann said...

But did you hear the heartbeat? You left me hanging! So happy for you!

Ruth Ann said...

It looks like something from outer space right now. Hope it dosen't come out like that.

Ruth Ann said...

Uh, Rebecca, that last comment was from Brandon...

Rebecca said...

I was wondering Ruth Ann. But yes Brandon is does look a little strange because it is only 2-d. I assure you we did not make an alien.

And yes we did get to hear the heartbeat, sorry that I left that part off.

Karen said...

Brandon I agree with you. It has a huge head, a long neck, and then a huge belly without any arms or legs. I hope it's cuter in person. At least we are assured that it will have HUGE eyes!

Anonymous said...

How precious! We are so excited for you both! We just started a blog a week or so ago, but haven't finished the initial details.

Love you guys!

April said...

Congrats! I know that is so exciting to get to see it for the first time! It looks like it is smiling and waving at the camera! :)

Sendy said...

Oh, wow, my friend! How exciting! This is so wonderful! I'm sure you are still smiling ear to ear! So glad they did that ultra sound for you. He/she is so beautiful! Can't wait to find out which you are having!
Yay!

Chris said...

I can not tell if the baby looks more like you or more like Jonathan?