Sunday, July 24, 2005

Doctor's Orders

I have been having trouble with my vision over these past few weeks. I keep feeling dizzy and I just have a hard time focusing. Last weekend I went to the doctor and he found wax on my ear drum. He cleaned it out, which was excruciating pain and then I thought that was it. Well I was still dizzy when I went back to class. I had to wear my glasses a couple of days because I hadn't gotten enough sleep and I noticed there was no dizziness. So I figured out it was my contacts.

I went to the eye doctor yesterday and she said I was putting too much pressure on my eyes. I have to take 2 minute breaks every 20 minutes and my prescriptions had actually swapped and I had to switch my contacts. She ordered me to take a vacation from studying. So under doctor's orders, we went out to dinner and a movie.

We went to see Charlie and the Chocolate factory. I wasn't really all that excited about it, but there wasn't anything else playing. Well I loved it! It was the craziest movie I had ever seen, but it was so creative. The really fleshed out some details behind the story that the 1st version did not. Johnny Depp did an outstanding job of being "odd." It was just what the doctor ordered.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Could you give me the number of a doctor who orders patients to cease all housework and go shopping without the children?

Chris said...

What a great doctor! How about those Oompa Loompas!

Karen said...

This sure has been a long break.

Chris said...

I heard a rumor that there is a big concert Friday? Will there be refreshments?

Chris said...

Hi. Sorry for the communication mixup and also that I was not able to attend. I hope your concert went well.

Rebecca said...

Hey Chris,
I am sad that you missed my concert, but I understand. Actually, the greatest part was the skit that level 3 put on after the concert. We made fun of our professors, but we made sure that we already had our certificates before the skit. Smart thinking huh? As soon as I learn how to post pictures on my blog, I will put some up. Have fun at Mo Ranch!

Rebecca said...

Amy,
I am still searching for that doctor. I am also looking for one that will tell me that I need a little bit more vacation before returning to work. No luck so far!

Chris said...

That is smart Becca. The easy way to post pictures to your blog is with an account on http://www.flickr.com.