Saturday, July 09, 2005

grrr

I am frantically trying to get ready to leave for my class tomorrow. I have to stay in the dorms for 3 weeks, but I feel like I am packing to move there. If I had a camera, I would take a picture of all of the stuff that I am taking. Now that I am no longer living in a dorm type of space I am used to all of the luxuries. I really wanted to take my toaster oven along, but Karen advised me against that. She informed me that it could burn down the dorm.

So here I am ready to pack the car up so I can leave right after church and one of Jonathan's friends calls to talk. I am so glad that he has friends that want to talk to him, but man talk about bad timing. I think they have been on the phone for a little over an hour and I really need his muscles to help me with all of my junk. I keep giving him the "help" signals, but its just not working. So I guess I will call upon my muscles, here I go!!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Here is your first day of blogging and you're already complaining. I wish I was there to help.

Chris said...

That would be so embarrassing burning down the dorm. I can see the Fire Chief now, "All right! Whose toaster oven is this?"

Pick up something heavy, and then right as you are passing Jonathan collapse dramatically. That should work.

Rebecca said...

Karen,
I wouldn't call it complaining, just mearly venting about the timing. And in Jonathan's defense as soon as he got off the phone, he started his process of placing everything strategically in the car so that it would all fit. I had to organize my boxes and load pre-car placement. He is so organized when it comes to packing.

Chris, you made me laugh out loud!

Chris said...

I usually try to fit everything in the car, and I never can, and then I get frustrated, and then Ruth Ann takes everything out, and fits it all in. Then I have to drive. We are usualy 4-8 hours late.

Rebecca said...

That's about 1 hour for every person in your family. Not too bad!

Karen said...

Yes, Becca, I know. Just giving you a hard time.

Chris said...

Yes, I thought so, too. In fact in my post I was bragging. I should have said "only 4-8 hours late".

Karen said...

Ok, Bec. 2 days without a post! You're going to lose readers. :-) Hope your first day went well.

Chris said...

I was wondering who would be the first to complain. :)

Amy said...

I will be the second. Shame, shame.