Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Talking

So Kylee has held out all of this time. Jonathan and I think that she is perfectly capable of communicating by speaking, but simply chooses not to. Don't get me wrong, she definitely communicates, just not through words so far.

My sister Debi got her a new jungle animal book for her birthday and she loves it. So now my daughter can make the sounds of an elephant and a snake. Most kids might choose to first utter sounds of cats or dogs, not my girl. I tried to get her to perform for her preschool teacher this morning and Kylee looked at me like I was from mars! But hey any progress is good.

Her babysitter said that she heard her say, "No" yesterday. I haven't heard it yet, so I am hoping it was a fluke. I would rather her say anything but no. Sorry I don't have any new pictures :(

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry, nobody believes me that Lily can say anything either. Apparently all mothers morph into martians whenever we want our babies to show off :)

Amanda said...

I know what you mean! Landry does the same thing! Well, she doesn't make snake sounds, but she definitely gets stage fright when I want her to show off!

Valerie said...

I can relate! Today during my Bible study, Jackson showed off his lion and elephant sounds! They're his first two animal sounds and are as cute as can be! We'll have to work on the snake...

Anonymous said...

Hey hey!! I didnt do it!!! I promise!!