Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hug Your Babies

Yesterday I was driving to work after I had dropped Kylee off at the babysitters and I found some black ice. Before I new it, I was spinning in circles and seeing my life flash before me. I finally skidded to a halt on the other side of the bridge. I was on the inside lane and I crossed over two lanes of traffic. I got out without a scratch.

I immediately began praying and thanking God for saving my life. I realized that my life was totally in God's hands. I had heard of others having trouble in ice, but I always thought that I would know how to handle it. I quickly learned that I had absolutely no control.

I know God was watching over me b/c it could have been sooo much worse. There was no traffic coming from the other direction when I crossed over the two lanes. There was a nice big wall that kept my car from going over the bridge. Kylee was not with me. A very nice man stopped to help me and let me use his cell phone (of all days for mine to cut out).

The cop arrived about 20 minutes after we called him and then Jonathan came about 15 minutes after that. He was my knight in shining armor. I was so glad to see him. I ended up taking him back to work and heading on to Killeen (driving a different route of course). As soon as I picked Kylee up from the babysitter's I gave her a big hug and thanked God for giving me the chance to hug my baby many more times. So go and hug your baby!!!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Rebecca! That is so scary! So, so glad you are okay!! Definitely an eye opener. I get a wee bit nervous every time I go to work just because you never know what can happen.

Unknown said...

So glad you are okay!! Scary stuff!

Unknown said...

I'm very glad you're ok. I have officially kissed Lily at least a thousand times since reading your blog. :)

Becky said...

Got a little teary reading that Rebecca! I am glad you are okay, but I know God has great plans for you HERE...hug Kylee for us too :)

Take care of you!!!

Chris said...

Glad you survived! I would totally have missed you!

Melissa said...

I know you felt angels watching over you. I'm so glad you were safe during that scary moment!

Amanda said...

Wow Rebecca! That brought tears to my eyes. I am soooo glad you are ok. We thought about you guys recently when we drove to Killeen to meet our new niece. It was just a day trip or we probably would have called.

I will continue to pray that God will keep you all safe. Much love!