Tuesday, January 20, 2009

PARTY!

Well we survived the 1st birthday, and we had a blast! All of Kylee's cousins that live in the area were able to join us and Kylee was her happy old self the whole time. I let her take a nap while everyone was getting here and visiting and then we woke her up and she adjusted quite well. She was a little clingy to Mommy, but that is to be expected.

She actually helped open the presents this time, unlike Christmas where she just watched me do it. She massaged her cake, but didn't eat it until we put a little on a separate plate for her. I think the whole thing was a little overwhelming. I made the cake and I think it turned out a lot like the picture I found on the internet. For those of you who don't know, my mom is a cake decorator. While she was here to coach me, she didn't do any of the icing, except the writing.

Bryan was also able to come home this weekend for the party. He was such a sweet big brother. We had a good time with him. It was very hard to take him back. It is getting harder and harder on both of us with each home visit. Please pray that Jonathan and I are able to get in the right place to take him back this summer. We have been working through some things, but we aren't quite there yet.

Here are some pictures!


Setting the scene

The birthday girl!!
Why is everyone staring at me?
This was my modelThe final product before Kylee got to it!

Yea for cake!
Should I eat it?
Maybe my baby wants some?
Mommy, they're staring again.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute! Yay for having a one year old sweet baby girl!

Shyla said...

Happy Birthday Kylee! Looks like a fun party :)!

Becky said...

Happy 1st Birthday sweet Kylee!!! Your Mommy did an awesome job on your cake...how fun!! You look like you had a wonderful time. Enjoy this special time :)

HUGS!!

Unknown said...

Wow, hard to believe a year has flown by! Happy Birthday, Sweet Kylie!! That was an adorable cake your momma made!!