Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I hope I'm smarter than a fifth grader

I started my new job on Monday. I headed back to my old school to tutor math and reading. Remember that I was a music teacher, so we'll see how it goes. It was very weird to be back on my old stomping ground. The kids would see me and it would take them a second to register who I am. It was like a came back from the dead. But they were very happy to see me and all wanted to know why I wasn't teaching music anymore.

I am tutoring 5th grade which is great because I know most of them from last year. Their teachers were very helpful and I even got to observe a couple of classes to get me up to speed on what they are working on. I had to review all of my old math stuff. Luckily it all came back to me, so maybe I am smarter than a fifth grader.

Today was supposed to be my second day on the job, but Kylee was running fever this morning. So on my second day I had to take a day off. Oh well, such is the life of a mom :) Kylee got her 12 month shots yesterday afternoon and I think her fever is a reaction from those. It was 101.7 at one point, no wonder she was feeling bad. I enjoyed holding her all day since she is usually very independent. She was in bed by 6:30, poor baby girl. I am hoping she will be feeling better tomorrow.

I have a bunch of new pictures to post, but my camera needs new batteries and we are out. So I will have to load them on my computer tomorrow.

2 comments:

Becky said...

Didn't know you were headed back to work, but I hope it continues to be a smooth transition! Hoping Kylee will feel better soon, shots are the worst :(

Shyla said...

Congrats on going back to work. Most days I'm quite sure I'm NOT smarter than a 5th grader. Oh well ... good luck!