Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Never underestimate your 13 month old!

We have always known that Kylee is independent and seems to have no fear. But what we didn't realize is that she is becoming capable of a lot more! Yesterday morning I was getting ready for work. I was in the bathroom putting on my make-up and Kylee was walking in and out of the bathroom entertaining herself very nicely. I hadn't seen her for a while and I wondered what she was up to. She walked into the bathroom and she was smacking her lips. I looked down and she was holding a PEPSI! Daddy must have left it out in the living room. We later figured out that it was on his desk and she must have gotten on her tiptoes to get it. It was all down her shirt and she was a mess! I took the pepsi away and to my surprise, I didn't hear a peep from her. She walked back into the living room and located the puddle of pepsi that she had left in the entry way. She then splashed in it and and drank some more from her fingers. It was like she was saying, "That's okay mom, I have more!"

This morning I was in the kitchen fixing our lunches and Kylee was looking in the pantry. I saw her grab a container of dognuts out of the corner of my eye. I didn't think anything of this though, because she has grabbed these every morning since I have had them. She usually carries them around until I put them back. Well this morning she carried them to the couch and got them OPEN! She then got one out and was eating it when I found her. She licked every bit of chocolate off of her fingers. So I will now have to sweep the LR for drinks and keep the pantry door closed.

On another note we are still in the rental. Me and the corolla have gotten pretty close. Jonathan got stopped the other night for driving too fast and the cop asked for his info. He looked at him and said, "This is a rental? It looks like ya'll have moved in." (Don't worry he just got a warning). Tomorrow will be day 30 with our rental car. The day that insurance will cut-off our rental coverage. They are trying to get the shop to pay for the extra week that they are estimating. I can't wait to get my rodeo back so I don't feel like a mouse on the highway.

Here are some picture I don't think I have posted yet. If I have oh well I don't have any new ones.




Don't worry we have child locks now :)

4 comments:

Becky said...

oh my heavens...she is going to keep you on your toes if she's ALREADY fixing herself drinks and snacks!

What a little pistol...such a cute little pistol though :)

HUGS!!

Chris said...

They are all MONSTERS!!!

Amanda said...

Oh my goodness!!! She's way too clever for her own britches. :) Smart, smart girl.

diann h. said...

This girl is way too smart for her own britches. Hey, she likes the good stuff with the fizz - I don't blame her. I get such a kick out of your blog. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you are saving this all somewhere for Kylee when she is an adult.