Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Yea for Presidents!!

As most of you know I work at my old school in Killeen on Mondays and Wednesdays. So yesterday I hurried around the house to get out the door by 7:20. Jonathan took Kylee to the babysitter and all was well. Then I got to my school and noticed that there were no cars in the parking lot, weird. So i drove around to the front and looked at the sign and saw that it was President's day, a holiday. Ooops. I don't teach on Fridays and nobody mentioned it. I printed out a school holiday, but I obviously didn't look at it. So I turned around to go back to Temple and get Kylee from the babysitters.

So we had a whole day to ourselves. It was fun. We danced, rode on her car, built with blocks and got to try out her new miniature chair from Aunt Shara :) I guess she was having so much fun with Mommy that she didn't want to take a nap. She took an hour nap in the morning, but it took forever for her to go to sleep. Then she talked and fussed during what was supposed to be her afternoon nap. She finally slept 20 minutes in the car, but that was it. Then she fought going to bed. I don't know what has gotten into her!

On another note, Moms I have a question. She has been waking up at 5 ish and not going back to sleep. I have tried two things, I can leave her in her bed until 6 and then get her up and feed her. Then she stays up. Or I can go in and nurse her at 5 and she goes back to sleep until 7. I don't want to feed her too much, but I like her to sleep until 7! Oh and she goes to sleep between 7 and 7:30. Have any of you had similar experiences? Advice?

Pictures!
Her cute little chair.

Enjoying the freedom of getting out of her chair by herself.

Riding her car with Mommy's hat!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Sorry you went to work when it wasn't a work day! Kind of funny, though! Looks like you guys had a good day though! She's getting so big.

As for the sleeping thing, maybe try putting her to bed a little earlier. She may actually sleep longer for you. I wouldn't get up with her before 6am though. Just my opinion. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Lily has gone through phases where she wakes up early. We've done a couple of things. Sometimes we let her cry herself back to sleep, sometimes we give her a pacifier and she goes back to sleep, and sometimes we feed her and put her back down. As far as the feeding goes, she'll have phases where she has to be fed in the night or early in the morning for a few weeks, then she goes back to normal. I think they're just growth spurts, so maybe Kylee is going through a growth spurt? I've heard that the earlier to bed thing works well, too.