Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

It's a little late, but I wanted to wish all of you a happy Valentine's Day. I hope that you had a wonderful day with your loved ones. In the past Jonathan and I would attempt to have a Romantic evening out. I remember how important this day was, but now that we have Kylee it wasn't so important to be romantic, but to take a day to be thankful for each other.

Saturday morning Kylee and I went to Wal-Mart to finally have her 12 month pictures taken. She is 13 months, but close enough, right? I took some pictures of her in her dress at home. And yes I did attempt to put her hair in a little ponytail. I know, I need practice.



We headed out for an early dinner at Chili's. We got there about 4:45 and got to sit right down. Kylee really liked the corn on the cob. I tried to cut some corn off of it, but she insisted on eating the actually cob. So Jonathan cut off a section and she chowed down. She now has one tooth on the top and another on its way and she is already putting them to good use. Oh and on a teeth note, I brushed her teeth for the first time tonight. She did very well. She thought it was funny and giggled while she tried to eat all of the toothpaste off of the little brush :)

After dinner we headed over the nearest Redbox and rented a movie. We got "The Traitor." I had never heard of it, but it turned out to be pretty good. Definitely not a romantic movie, but Jonathan enjoyed it. Then we headed over to the mall to get some goodies. I absolutely love the popcorn from the movie theater so we got some. I used to feel funny just going up and buying popcorn, but I have since gotten over it. Then we got Jonathan some chocolate covered coffee beans.

After we had our goodies, we headed over to the play area in the mall and let Kylee run around. She had a blast like she always does there. If you locals haven't taken your little ones there, you should try it! Then we came home, put Kylee to bed and enoyed our goodies while we watched the movie. It was a great day. What did you do for Valentine's Day?
I just love this picture because it shows how Kylee crosses her legs while she eats :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Brushing baby teeth is cute! Lily had teeth for a while before it occurred to me to brush them. I didn't ask the doctor if I should, I just figured that if they sold baby toothpaste, it means I'm supposed to buy it, right? They did, so I did!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a fun day! My hubby worked all day, so B and I made him some truffles and I entertained the kiddos all day. We did get a babysitter that night and just went out for coffee and to Wal-mart. Romantic, huh?

Great job on the ponytail! I thought it looked precious on Sunday. That's so funny that she loves corn on the cob. I'll have to let Landry try that!

Oh, and for the record, I think it's GREAT that you buy popcorn at the theatre without seeing a movie. That's the best part anyway!!!