Thursday, March 05, 2009

Eating, Bubba and other stuff

I just got home from work, put Kylee down for a nap, ate a quick lunch and now I finally have a quiet moment to blog a little. Sorry it has been so long. I didn't realize how long it had been until I looked back at the pictures from my camera. I have some catching up to do!

We had a great time with Bryan weekend before last. And he gets to come home again on Saturday. It is his Spring Break. It is a week before mine, so he gets to go the preschool with Kylee and I. I'm sure he will occupy himself with his DS or a movie and it will work out fine. Here is a picture from his last visit. Kylee wasn't sure what to think about someone else being in her bed.

We had Kylee's baby blessing at church a couple of weeks ago. It was very nice. Grandma got to come, but the rest of the grandparents were sick or working. So here is a picture of her all pretty.
I'm sorry I don't have any of the actual ceremony. Let me just say that it was the longest service ever. It actually lasted 15 minutes shorter than most, but we had to keep Kylee in the auditorium the whole time. Crazy!! I think she ate her weight in goldfish.

Kylee loves to help mommy clean. I used to block her out of the kitchen when I would mop, but now that she can walk I let her hang out with me. Plus my sis got me a swiffer wetjet for Christmas and it does a good job without making your floor dangerously wet. So Daddy got my old swiffer and shortened it. Now it is perfect for Miss Kylee.



Yesterday was a very long day. I went to work all day tutoring. Then I came home and got a quick snack with Jonathan. Then we headed over to church for our biweekly counseling. Then we went to the babysitter's to pick up Kylee. We grabbed a bite to eat and headed home. We hadn't seen Kylee all day and we were really hungry. So we decided to have a picnic in the living room hoping that we could play with Kylee while we ate. Well of course she had other plans. She wanted to eat with us! Jonathan got chicken which came with a roll. Kylee helped herself to the roll while we were in the kitchen getting plates. Then I was eating my chicken sandwich and she came over and grabbed a hunk of bread off of my bun. What a silly nut. So after she finished her carbs (we only let her have a little of course). I got her some crushed ice that we had in the freezer and let her go to town. I don't know what her fascination is with ice, but she loves it!


Notice how messy my house is in all of these pictures. I have decided that it is more important to play with her than maintain a clean house. Can I hear an amen?

5 comments:

Karianne said...

Amen!!! Love the idea of giving Kylee her own swiffer.

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!! My house has been a wreck lately. But, I have been reminded that no one will ever remember me as the one who always had the perfect house. I'll be remembered by the time I spent with my family and friends.

Unknown said...

AMEN!! I am right there with you!
Loved seeing Kylie's Baby Blessing outfit-- so cute. I was so sad to miss the actual event. Love how Jonathan shortened the swiffer for her-- genius! I bet she feels like such a big girl with her own "mop".

Amanda said...

Amen, amen, amen sister!!! Enjoy that time with the baby. Your house will still be standing and she'll be 3 before you know it!

diann h. said...

Amen, a-m-e-n, AMEN - You will never get this precious time back. I hope my girls remember me for the times I played games with them and had fun! All I remember about my Mom was that she was always cleaning house!