Friday, October 03, 2008

Enjoy every moment

I read this in the September issue of Parents magazine. I thought it was a great reminder.

STOP FREAKING OUT ABOUT THE MESS! There's always time to clean--but how often do we get to make mud pies?

LOVE ME even when I'm naughty. I'l only be this age once.

BE PATIENT. I do everything for a reason, but I don't know enough words yet to give you an explanation.

DON'T EXPECT TOO MUCH OF ME. I want to do what you ask and make you happy, but I'm still little.

LET ME DO IT. I know you can do it faster and better, but sometimes experience is the best teacher.

KEEP YOUR PROMISES. It's all about trust. When I'm a teenager, you'll understand why it's so important.

DON'T KEEP ASKING ME IF I'VE BEEN GOOD. I'm not even sure what that means, but if I was bad I'd never admit it!

DON'T LET ME THINK THAT YOU'RE PERFECT. I feel better knowing I'm not the only one who makes mistakes sometimes.

SET LIMITS. I can't actually eat a whole box of cookies--I just want to see if I'd get away with it.

DON'T TRY TO REASON WITH ME WHEN I'M HAVING A TANTRUM. Trust me--I can't hear you over my own screaming.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I totally needed to read this...thanks for posting. It's been one of those days!