Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Mommy

Kylee is officially in a "Mommy" stage. She always needs to be near me if not being held by me. When Daddy gets home I am so excited to have a break and she fusses when he takes her. He usually has to go outside with her and then she gives in to the fact that he is going to hold her for a while. It kind of hurts his feelings, but I keep reassuring him that this is a phase and soon she will be in a Daddy stage (I hope). It is kind of sweet that she always wants to be with me, it just makes it really hard to get anything done around here. Any advice on this would be very helpful :)

Bryan came home this past weekend and we had a good time. He was very sweet with Kylee, but didn't really want to hold her much (typical boy). Saturday we had some friends come over for the day (Lexie, Joe and Ray) and we turned our living room into a theater. We put blankets up on all the windows and turend up the surround sound. We enjoyed watching Ironman. Our movie was complete with popcorn and lots of candy. Needless to say we had a good time. Here are some pictures from the park.



Kylee loves the baby swings!




The next time you need to rent a movie, make sure to go to Redbox. They only cost a dollar plus tax, you can turn them into any other redbox while you're out, if you want to keep it an additional night it is a dollar and you can check and see which location has the movie you want. It is a vending machine for movies. What a great idea!

Jonathan and I got to go on a date last weekend. We saw the Nicholas Sparks story, "Nights in Rodanthe." It was very romantic and nice to have a night out. We have decided that we are too old for dinner and a movie. The late movie is too late and we are ready for bed after the early movie. So we have decided that the next time we go out, it will be for dinner.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't worry, the mommy phase will change to the daddy phase, and it will sicken you at times when that happens! It comes full circle. Abriella now asks about "Dadda" all day long and goes to the door to see if he's coming. I have to tell her over and over that he's at work, and won't be home for a while. haha! But, it sure is sweet when he does get home and she runs to him and gives him a big hug! The clingy stage now is hard, but try to enjoy it as much as possible!

Shyla said...

Your baby girl is so cute with her chubby cheeks! I'm glad everything is going so well for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Lara's been in a mommy phase for a long time. She still gets upset when I leave. She's almost 2! It's getting better, but she's just a mommy's girl. At least she's past the screaming for 20 minutes after I leave her with daddy..but, she has had her moments of crying when Daddy leaves as well. Hang in there! It's hard to get anything done but I know time will come when I miss these days!

Unknown said...

I love it when my boys are in "the mommy stage". In our house, it comes and goes between mommy & daddy every few months. I can't get over what a big girl she looks like in that swing! Love your new banner with her photo! She's just too cute. Looks like you enjoyed a great time with Bryan!