Monday, July 14, 2008

Mimi

We headed out to East Texas on Friday to visit Jonathan's grandmother. She fell about two weeks ago and broke her shoulder. She is 89 years young and recovery has been hard. They transfered her to a nursing home right next to the hospital, but now she is back in the hospital because of complications with dehydration.

Saturday morning was Kylee's first experience with rice cereal. I fed her bannanas and cereal and she loved every bit. About an hour later she threw all of it up. We thought maybe she had just eaten too much. But then she kept throwing up. I called our nurse advisory line and she was concerned by how many times she had thrown up in such a short amount of time. She said to keep an eye on her and to take her in if she showed any decrease in activity etc. When I got off the phone I found her laying in bed with Daddy and she was totally still. That is not like her at all. She was still throwing up and it was yellow now so we decided to go on to the ER.

We were in Woodville, TX and it has a cute little hospital. They were all very nice and took great care of us. The doctor said that he didn't see anything of real concern and to give her pedialyte and not feed her for a while. I was worried about my milk supply, but my mom assured me that it would be okay, and it was. She took a long nap when we got back home and then she held the pedialyte down and finally some milk. She loves the pedialyte we call it baby cool-aid. She even reaches for it when she sees it.

Mimi couldn't see her on Saturday because we didn't want to take any chances on her getting sick so she saw her threw the window. Then we took her back on Sunday after she was all better. I'm glad her first sickness is over, and I'm glad we were with family when it happened.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

OH I am sooo glad everything turned out alright. How scary!

Chris said...

That little midget looking one is cute!