Friday, July 25, 2008

Beneath the snot

Kylee is battling her first cold. I took her to the doctor to make sure it wasn't an ear infection and while she did have a little fluid in her ears, it did not appear to be anything more than a cold. The first night we were up from 12:20-3:00 AM. Somehow I made it through the following day. I put her in her swing with her blankie and an episode of Baby Einstein so I could squeeze in a nap.

She has been a little cranky, clingy and I can just tell she doesn't feel well. But beneath all of the snot, I have found a blessing. I get to hold my squirmy, otherwise very busy girl in a snuggly position. She cried for me in the middle of the night and reached out her arms when Daddy was holding her. She slept in bed with me briefly so I could get her back to sleep (I miss those days from when she was a newborn). I am trying to learn to treasure every moment that I get to snuggle with my sweetie. I know she will grow up all too quickly.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh girl - I totally understand!!!!!!! Colds are horrible! I spent a few nights sleeping on the couch while Landry slept in her swing when she was 2 months old. The snot just wouldn't go away! I understand about getting to cuddle your baby, though. Even Bethany will just sit in my lap and let me hold her when she's sick. Treasure all of those moments.

PS - I don't know why I JUST realized you had a blog and I'd never checked it out. Anyway, I'm sure I will enjoy being a loyal reader now!

Amanda said...

Way to find blessings in the not so fun stuff! :)

Becky said...

I hope little Kylee is feeling better now :) Bless her little heart...being sick is just NO fun!! Enjoy your snuggler while you still can ;)

Hugs,
Becky