Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Its a Family Thing

So we have all been enjoying some Guitar Hero around here. The other day Bryan was playing and Kylee observed for a second before making her move. She went to our guitar spot (behind the recliner) and got herself one so she could play with Bubba. So cute.



Here is one of her as she found a treasure straight from the laundry room. A basket full of silkies and blankies. It doesn't get any better than this!
Here is a video I shot of Kylee browsing through the paper. If I remember correctly we walked down the street the check the mail (we have those dumb community mailboxes) and turned around and came right back. It was so hot that day that I had to come in and sit under the fan. I'm such a wimp.



We had our first doctor's appt. about our little peanut today. He did go ahead and do an ultrasound and said everything looked good. Basically I just trusted him. He pointed out the sac and "pregnancy" as he called it, but I couldn't see anything. I'm hoping when we go back in a couple of weeks that our peanut will be big enough so we can hear a heartbeat. Kylee cried while the doctor was doing the ultrasound. I'm glad that Jonathan was there to help. The doctor tried to assure her that he wasn't hurting me, but she didn't trust him.

I went and picked out new glasses today. I was thankful to have a nurse that just said, "no those don't look good" to all of the pairs except the one I got. I need guidance in these things, especially since I am so blind when I have my glasses off and I have to get up really close to the mirror to see myself. :) The eye doctor said that my eyes were turning out and having trouble staying aligned. She said it was common during pregnancy and would most likely go away afterwards. I hope so, I haven't worn glasses full time since 8th grade. They are going to put prisms in my prescription to help. If only they could do that to contacts. It was interesting though, she held up the prisms to see how they worked and I could immediatly feel my eyes relax. I am looking forward to some relief.

Bryan has been down in Austin spending time with his cousins and Grandma this week. He is coming back in the morning, I am looking forward to seeing him. My mom offered to take Kylee too to give me a break, but I had a pregnant moment. I was packing her bag and burst into tears saying, "I might miss her, she can't go." In my defense I had been away from her that Friday night before. I know, I know I have to toughen up.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh, how exciting! So how far along are you?

Karen said...

Sorry you didn't hear a heartbeat. I'm sure you were disappointed. Glad to hear of the glasses though. Now we need a picture!

Amanda said...

Kylee reading that paper was hilarious! She's so cute!

Mr & Mrs T. said...

Well, that's good to know about the eye thing... I was born with strabismus (basically my eyes don't align).. I'll definitely have to keep watching that if I ever decide to have a kiddo...

Glad your eyes are feeling better! I'm so happy for ya'll :)

Brianne said...

I have the same issue you have with your eyes, the doctors have talked about putting a prism correction in my glasses, but I have not got them yet. Let me know if it makes a difference or not and I might have to try them next time. What is your prescription and the strength of your prisms. My eyes also align out and would likely need the base in prisms. Congrats on the new baby.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Kylee is so adorable, Rebecca! The other day at playgroup when she was sort of standing in your lap, I thought she looked like such a big girl!
Can't wait to meet Peanut! I am sure he/she will be super adorable, too!

So glad you will have some relief with your glasses.

Sendy said...

Kylee is so adorable! Glad to hear the pregnancy is going well. I always love the pictures you post on here! I'm excited to meet your little peanut, and find out if you're having a boy or girl!