Saturday, July 18, 2009

Van


Jonathan and I found a van that we wanted in McKinney on Thursday night. I called about it and they went ahead and pulled it for me, wasn't that nice? Jonathan couldn't make the trip with me because he was on call this weekend so I headed up to Dallas by myself. My mom came up to keep the kids, thanks mom!

Karen agreed to go with me. No one wants to buy a car alone. Karen is my car buying buddy. I have only bought two cars from a lot and she was there for both of them. The first car we bought I actually got in Oklahoma while I was up there visiting. Karen and I went to look and I found an awesome deal. So I bought the rodeo without Jonathan. That story repeated itself last night with the purchase of our Toyota Sienna. Karen was a good negotiator, but it turned out that we didn't have to haggle much.

I have always known that eventually I would have to buy a minivan or big SUV, but I must admit I was a little sad last night. I really love my rodeo and it was my first new car that I didn't pick out because it was a good deal from the want ads. Jonathan will be driving it now so at least it will still be around and I'm sure that I will still drive it. I know he is excited because like most husbands he has always driven the less desirable car. Now he actually has one that is only 5 years old!

I can't wait to see Bryan's face when I get home with the van. As I was leaving yesterday he told me that if I get the van to please not wreck it!

I am having some trouble with my eye sight. It hurts to track things and it feels like my prescription in incorrect. I went to the eye doctor and they said that sometimes with pregnancy your eyes can worsen. I am just wearing my glasses all the time because they are the lesser of the two evils. I have an appt. in August to get my Rx checked, but I hope they have a canelation before then. I haven't worn glasses full time since 8th grade. Its weird my glasses Rx is a few years old, but it doesn't seem to bother me as much as my contacts do. Has anyone else had this problem?

6 comments:

Shyla said...

Wow that looks fancy! Very exciting. Have fun with your new toy.

Jennifer said...

Good choice. Siennas and Odysseys are the best minivans out there! Awesome!

Yep, your eyes can worsen during pregnancy. Just another one of those crazy things that your body does. Don't ya just love it?! :-)

Unknown said...

My parents gave us a van in college, and we drove it without kids for several years until this winter, when I wanted something smaller and something with 4WD. So we got the Santa Fe, (and I love it) but shortly after getting it we realized that whenever we have more kids it will get small very quickly! So I'm sure sometime in the next few years I'll have to give up my wonderful Santa Fe (to Jim) and get a van as well. :)

I do like your van though, it looks really nice and new and pretty. They're about the safest cars out there, too which is a big plus!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Awesome!! David's aunt in California has a Sienna that we rode around in a bunch last time we were out there! We LOVED it. Yours is so pretty-- I know you guys will have a blast with it.

Karianne said...

What a sweet ride! You will LOVE the Sienna -- we sure do love ours!

And sadly, my eyes have worsened with each pregnancy so far (but I'm still holding out hope this time). I had wanted to get that lasik surgery sometime in the next few years, but my eye doctor said I should wait until I'm done having kids and nursing. Well who knows how long that will be!

Sendy said...

Gotta love the van! I have enjoyed ours for nearly two years! Won't ever go back.