Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July

We had a great weekend. Jonathan got tickets to the rodeo from work and we got to sit on the 3rd row. It was really fun. We left early though because I was so tired. I'm getting old.

On Saturday morning Jonathan drove a gator in the Belton parade. Bryan got to ride with him. When Kylee saw them she yelled, "Dada!!" I'm sure it melted Jonthan's heart. For those of you who don't know about small town parades, let me tell you, they are a big deal. We had a great time with all the people from church. One of our members lives right on the parade route and let everyone come and sit in her yard. There were at least 50 people there from church, good times.




After the parade some friends invited us over for hamburgers and hot dogs, they were yummy. My mom and Bryan's sister got to come up and go to the parade with us. thanks for coming Mom and Brittney.

Saturday afternoon we all headed up to Dallas to see my sister Karen and her hubby Scott. We went to Chuy's (yummy!) and then we headed home to hang out. Sunday morning we were heathens and we went to Six Flags. We left Kylee with Grandma (thanks Mom) and the six of us went. Bryan got very scared on the boat, but he did ride a lot of rides. i was very proud of him. They talked me into riding the Titan. I will NEVER do that again. It was way to scary. I kept my eyes closed the whole time.

Monday morning we left to come home and enjoy a little bit of Jonathan's day off at home. Poor guy, he spent most of the day mowing for the exterminator the next day. We are finally free of ants!! It was expensive, but we had to do something. We had carpenter ants in our walls and tree. As a bonus, he also got rid of the fire ants!

We are now the proud owners of a blowup pool. It was very cold water!! The kids didn't seem to mind too much.



And here is my latest news for those of you who aren't on Facebook. See I do have an excuse for being so tired!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! When you wrote at first that you were tired I had my suspicions :) I'm super excited for you. Make sure and rest up... growing a baby is hard!

Jennifer said...

I know I congratulated you on FB, but congrats again! We needed someone to be pregnant since we just finished that huge rush of babies. You'll get lots of attention this way, too!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Woohooo!!! Just like Jen, I am doubling up from the FB post, too! But, this is just too fun! Congrats!

So....riding roller coasters pregnant, eh? : )

Shyla said...

Congrats again. I'm sure you and Jonathan are very excited for a new addition to your family. Looks like the 4th was a lot of fun for your family.

Karianne said...

I was going to say -- you're not old, you're pregnant! Which is a whole new meaning of the word "tired". Congrats again! :)