Friday, August 07, 2009

Yea Bryan

We got a letter in the mail the other day telling us that Bryan passed the TAKS test, yea Bryan!!! He attended Summer school in June and I guess it paid off. We wanted to celebrate so I picked up some pizzas (his favorite dinner) and we headed over to the little water park in Temple. My 15 year old niece was in town and watched Kylee at little while we were there. Jonathan and I actually got to sit in the water and talk, woo hoo!

This second pregnancy is really taking it out of me. I know that I am more tired than the first, or else I just forgot how tired I was with the first. Jonathan pretty much has kid duty at night as I lay on the couch and coach him on what to do. Some days are better than others. I'm thankful to be pregnant, just ready to be in the 2nd trimester.

Kylee still needs her two naps. She will be 19 months on the 12th and I know that most kids have switched to one, but not her. She gets up between 7 and 7:30 in the morning and by 9:00 she is sucking her fingers and snuggling. I just feel cruel trying to keep her awake. I am worried about when preschool starts. She never slept well there last year and she definitely will only get one nap. I think if I felt better and we were out and about more it might be easier b/c she would have to be awake. I'm sure it will resolve itself in time.

I have started working at the preschool and there is a lot to do. I am trying to remember that things will go okay even if I don't get every single thing done by the time I would like. I am trying to keep an eye on the big picture. I think after I get through September I might feel like I know what I am doing :) I'm sorry for the lack of pictures, but I haven't taken any lately. Bad mama I know.

1 comment:

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Hooray for Bryan! And you are doing an AWESOME job getting ready for the preschool year to begin. New jobs are so overwhelming sometimes. You are right to just keep an eye on the big picture. Seriously....you are doing GREAT! The boys can't wait for it to start!