Monday, September 21, 2009

20 months

So it has been forever since I posted. A lot has gone on. We started preschool, Bryan started 4th grade and I am 14 weeks pregnant! My camera was out of batteries on Kylee's first day of preschool so I didn't get a picture. I did get a picture the 2nd week. Kylee and I had gone shopping at a consignment shop and I found these adorable miniature levi's. I have always loved clothes that look exactly like adult's just smaller.



Kylee loves preschool! She cries when we drive by the church because she wants to go everyday. When we goes to church, she calls it "cass."

She is saying lots of other words too. My friends had told me that one day it would just happen and they were right. She finally says her name pronounced, "Kydee and Kylee." She asks for "ceeral" every morning. She can say just about anything that she wants to, but is still having trouble putting two words together. I'm sure that will come soon.

My mom has encouraged me to get the book, "The Strong Willed Child" and I think I am about ready to go to Amazon. She is throwing fits, manipulating at bedtime and fake crying when she wants something. She likes to tell me "no" and "mine." She usually gets a spanking when she says no to Mommy. I would love to hear what others have done to remedy this situation.

My mom and I took Kylee to the train at Zilker Park in Austin. She really enjoyed it and said, "Whee" most o f the time. After we rode the train Grandma treated us to lunch at Furrs. I hadn't been there in years. It was really good. Since it was all you can eat Kylee enjoyed a lot of different veggies. If only I made an all you can eat buffet each night.





One last Kylee story. Yesterday Daddy and Bubba were working hard on the yard and Kylee and I wanted to do our part. So I trimmed the bushes and Kylee watered them.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine Kylee with curls and you'd see me when I was her age!! She looks like I did...it's kind of odd...did you look like her when you were that age? Wow... -- Amanda

Becky said...

Welcome back from your blogging sabbatical sweet friend :) Kylee is looking so sassy in her Levi's, and "mine"/"no" is becoming more frequent at our house too...ACK!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

I love how she loves preschool!! She looks so happy when I see her at late day! So cute!
And the Zilker train is one of our favorite Austin activities, too!
You & I should talk about strong willed kiddos sometime-- Jonathan is the one that is our little "opinionated" kid. But, you know this! We'll chat sometime.