Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Prayers

As most of you know, my mom had surgery about a month ago to remove a tumor in her salivary gland. The doctor seemed very confident that it was benign. The surgery went well and she was recovering nicely. She doesn't have much use of the right side of her face, but that was to be expected. The doctors said it would take a couple of months to get the feeling back.

She went for her post-op about 2 weeks ago and was told that the tumor was malignant. We were shocked. I drove down the next morning to be with her. I got to stay for two days and go to a doctor's appt. with her. I was glad I could hear from the doctor. He said that it is stage 3, but only considered so because it was so big. They are going to start radiation as soon as they can. She is "living" there in Houston for now so she can make it to all of her doctor's appts. She is staying with a very sweet friend and looking into getting into one of the hospitality houses at MD Anderson. She is in great spirits, but please keep her in your prayers.

My parents are also struggling to find a car that can make the trip back and forth to Houston. Their one working car's transmission went out. Please pray that they can find one that is reliable and reasonably priced.

Here is a picture of my mom with Kylee after the surgery. Doesn't she look great?

5 comments:

Beth said...

I know this is such a hard time for you and your family! Know that you are in our thoughts and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to help out!

Becky said...

rebecca -- your mother will be lifted up to the Lord's ear tonight in prayer...praying for her physical health as well as an extra measure of strength for her spiritual health!

we know GOD is good, all the time!

hugs to you!!!

Shyla said...

Clay and I will keep your mom and whole family in our prayers.

Melissa said...

Oh, Rebecca, I am so sorry to hear that. I am definitely praying for your mom and your family.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Rebecca-- we are fervently, fervently praying. Love you all so much.