Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Bluebonnets

Last weekend we went to visit our sisters. Kylee and I drove Jonathan to the DFW airport where he flew to St. Louis to help his sister pack. Shara has been living there for the last 6 months or so and working as a stenographer. Her company did some reorganizing and she got transferred to Ft. Worth. Yea she is back in Texas!!

We got lost going to the airport and leaving. If you have never been there, try to avoid it. I had only been to Lovefield. Plus to top it all off, we got hit while waiting in bumper to bumper traffic. We didn't have time to call the cops b/c Jonathan would have missed his plane. Luckily it wasn't a lot of damage, just a couple of small dents and scrapes. My poor car. Here are some pictures from our trip up there. Kylee had to get out of the car and we found these huge rocks at a truck stop.

Kylee and I got to Karen's house (my sister) before she got home from work. Here we are waiting on her porch with ALL of our stuff. Remember the days when you only needed a duffle bag for a weekend trip?

We got to relax on Saturday. Poor Karen had to take one of her certification tests for teaching so I helped her study a little. Then my brother-in-law, Scott, took me to the toll tag office and I now have my very own toll tag. It is very exciting that I no longer have to have cash on hand. While I was in Houston I got quite a few toll violations. I thought it was like Austin where you can not pay the toll and they will send you a bill. I found out that it is not that way. I am still waiting on my TICKET and bill. I'm kind of scared!!

We got Shara moved in on Sunday and got home around 6:30 that night. Shara's apt. is very cute and I am excited for her. Thanks for the visits sisters, we had a lot of fun!!

Here are some picture of Kylee in the bluebonnets that we found coming home.

"See Mommy this one is my favorite."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You might get lucky... Houston sometimes will let first time offenders go.... When I lived there, I did the same thing without realizing and never saw a ticket... GOOD LUCK! :) The pix are really cute :)

Kristal

Unknown said...

Babies take sooooo much more luggage! I'm a notorious over-packer anyway... but at least now I can blame it on Lily!
Kylee looks super cute in the bluebonnet field!

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Great bluebonnet pics of Kylee!! And I am totally with you on the DFW situation! Every time I have had to fly out of there or drop/pick up someone there, it makes me a nervous wreck!