Thursday, September 11, 2008

Preschool

As most of you know I am teaching music at our preschool where I go to church. It is a two day a week program for babies through PK. I was hoping that Kylee could go with me, but I found out that they only take babies that are 12 months and older. So I shopped around for someone to watch her but all the churches I talked to were full and the one lady that I interviewed hardly made eye contact with me so I decided she was not a good candidate.

Two of my friends from church agreed to watch her one day a week each. So that was going to work out fine. About a week before school started the director told me that I could go ahead and bring Kylee to preschool with me because they had very low enrollment in the baby class. Yea! I was very happy b/c this would make my life much easier. I simply nurse her about 8:50 at church and put her to sleep in the nursing room with a monitor. Then I go and set-up for my classes which start at 9:30 and her teacher gets her up from her nap. Then I go and pick her up when I am done teaching and we go home for lunch. Today was her second day and she is doing marvelous!

There are three babies in her class and they ride around in a really big stroller with six seats. I saw her pass by the other day and she looked like such a big girl. She is enjoying new snacks like fig nutens and her teacher says that she loves to just sit and watch the big boys while they run around. I wish I had pictures from the first two days, but I forgot my camera both days. I will be better next week.

I am thouroughly enjoying staying at home! I feel so blessed that it is possible for me to do so. Jonathan and I are definetly on a tighter budget, but so far we are doing well. I must say that "stay-at-home mom" is definetly a relative term. Monday we go grocery shopping and do errands, Tuesday and Thursday are preschool, Wednesday is ladies Bible class and Friday is playgroup. And Jonathan was worried I might go stir crazy!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad things are going well and that Kylee gets to go now too! That's nice. And, isn't it crazy how much us "stay-at-home moms" do?! I have always felt like I'm way busier now than I ever was before. Good stuff, though!