Monday, September 15, 2008

20 lbs

I lost one of the membranes (also known as the little white flappy thingy) for my pump and headed up to the hospital to buy 2 more. While we were there I asked the nurse if she could weigh Kylee b/c I knew she was closing in on the 20 lb mark. Sure enough she weighed 20.10 lbs. It is time for her to switch to the bigger car seat. I know this is a little thing, but I really feel like my baby girl is all grown up. I think she will be happier sitting up taller, but I have to wait until she is a year old to let her face forward. I got the big car seat out of the attic and it is in the wash now getting clean.

This past weekend we went to Austin to visit the fam and had a great time. Friday night we saw some of Jonathan's old high school friends and got to show off our baby girl. None of them are even married so it made us feel a little old. Kylee did a great job of looking super cute. Then she and I headed over to Grandma's house and Jonathan stayed with his friends to catch up. I crashed early after spending a little time with my mom.

Then Saturday we went over to my sister's house and all of the kids got to play with Kylee. She was surrounded by people the whole time we were there and I was surprised she didn't get overwhelmed. Saturday night we went to a fundrasier with Jonathan's parents for the Central Texas Children's home in Buda. Jonathan's dad is on the board and had some extra tickets for the dinner. We got to enjoy some great bar-b-que. Then Kylee went home with the Grandma's and Jonathan and I headed down to San Marcos to hang out with his friends again. We played the play station version of Scene It and it was a lot of fun.

Most of the game is reading and since Jonathan has dyslexia I had to read it out loud or just try and guess the answer myself. I am not very good at this game. Jonathan knew most of the answers, but couldn't read it fast enough to beat the other teams. We really weren't a very good team. We ended up with 16,000 points while the other teams had around 50,000. Luckily neither of us are competitive people so we just enjoyed being in last place.

Sunday we all went to church together and then went to the Brick Oven for lunch. Kylee enjoyed some of Mommy's turkey and the waiter brought her 6 pieces of little bread. She loved it! Most of it went on the floor, but her Nonnny cleaned it up. In fact Nonny took care of her the whole time and Jonathan and I got to eat a whole meal from start to finish without any interruptions :)

Sunday night we headed back to Belton and met up with some of our friends from college, Jeremy and Amanda. They live in the Houston area and had to evacuate. They were staying with some family in Killeen so they headed over to our house. We had a fancy dinner of sandwiches since we had been gone all weekend and Jonathan made homeade milkshakes for dessert. It was so good to see them and it really made me miss them more!

Overall it was a great weekend and Kylee did very well despite the fact that she went to bed late every night. Today she took 2 1/2 hour nap (she usually takes 45 minute naps) so I think she was trying to make up for the weekend.

I don't have any new pictures. I took my camera to Austin, but I don't think I even got it out. I hope all of you are doing well.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Doesn't it seem strange that they were worried about her weight in the beginning now?? You clearly make whole milk, Mommy!! Way to go!

(as for us, we tried one month!! yeah!)

jeremy said...

Mmmmmm I remember Jonathan makes very good milkshakes!

Amanda said...

Wow - she's a big girl! Just like Bethany was!!! Now Landry has quite a way to go to catch up with Kylee. She doesn't even weigh 15 pounds!!!

Sounds like you had a fun weekend with family and friends. :)