Sunday, May 18, 2008

Lots of Stuff

Sorry it has been so long since I updated, here are some snippets of what has been going on....
  • We are in Dallas with Karen and Scott this weekend and we are having a blast. If we do have to move for a job, I hope it is here!
  • Kylee got her shots on Friday and did very well. Daddy got there right before she was about to get them so that was nice to not have to do it by myself again. Kylee is up to 15 lbs! No wonder my back hurts :)
  • Kylee also went to the doctor on Tuesday and was diagnosed with acid reflux. They started her on Zantac and she has been a new baby. She was a very fussy baby before (because she was in pain) and now she smiles a lot more and spits up a lot less. We actually enjoy our evenings with her more
  • My friend Kristi kept Kylee the past two weeks (bless her). We found out that Kylee is pretty sensitive and lets just say it...picky! I had to take one of my sheets and one of my shirts to help her sleep. Kristi was an angel and took great care of her. It was also nice to have her across the street from work. Thanks so much Kristi!! My mom is coming back this week to keep her.
  • I have to officially turn in my resignation this week. I have mixed feelings, but it is a little scary to think about the lack of income. I know somehow it will all work out and at least Kylee and I still have ins. through KISD until the end of the summer. Then we will have to switch to J's
  • Because of my resignation and the fact that I will no longer have a computer, we went to the Apple store yesterday and got me my own laptop. I love it!! The switch over was amazing. As soon as I turned it on it asked me if I had an old mac to transfer, I said yes and it did it for me! It only took two hours and everything looked exactly like my old mac; right down to the stickies!
  • Bryan is doing better. I talked to his house mom yesterday and she said that he is having the same issues he had with us. The main one is social. He has no problem making friends, but always seems to sabitoge them. She said that he will have to learn those skills this summer b/c he will be in such close quarters. She said to be prepared that this summer will be hard for him. Kids can be cruel, but in this situation they are the best teachers!
  • Well I know lots of other stuff has happened, but that's all I can think of for now. I hope all of you are doing well.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Yes, I think a double date would be just the thing I need. Have fun in Dallas and when you get back and rested up give us a call.

Karianne said...

Congrats on becoming a stay-at-home-mom! It's by far the hardest job there is but also the best. :)

Amanda said...

Thanks for the update! I'm glad you are going to get to stay at home and I'm sure God will take care of you. Maybe we can see you guys this summer.

April said...

I think that's great that you will be staying at home. Don't worry about the money. God will provide. I pray that Bryan continues to do well and learn a lot in this situation.