Saturday, December 29, 2007

From our family to yours


(picture courtesy of Images of His)
Well its a little late, but we wanted to wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

We had all of the family up to our house for Christmas. We ended up having three Christmases in all! Christmas Eve Jonathan's family came up and we had dinner and opened presents. Kylee got quite the lute and she's not even here yet. Jonathan's Grandmother got to come up too and it was really good to see her. We really enjoyed our time with them!

Christmas morning was just the three of us. We have never had Christmas morning at our house with just our nucleus so that was fun. We found Bryan sleeping by the Christmas tree. He said that he saw Santa and talked to him. I think he knows there is no Santa, but he still wants to believe. He found the special paper that I wrap Santa's presents in. He said, I guess Santa has the same paper as us :)

We all helped make breakfast: waffles, eggs and bacon and then got to open presents. Bryan got me some cards for playing nerts (I think he had a little help from dad). Jonathan got me a straightener for my hair, a birthing ball, a pedometer and lots of little goodies in my stocking. Bryan and Kylee got me a Crockpot. Jonathan was so sweet, he got a card from Kylee and wrote in it for me, isn't he thoughtful?

Jonathan got all of the Bourne series and a Star wars book, and money for ram and a graphics card. Bryan got him a hammer because he said he didn't have enough! Our big present to each other was our camcorder. We have enjoyed learning how to use it.

Then Christmas afternoon we had 20 people from my family here! I can't believe we all fit, but somehow we did and we all had a good time. Jonathan helped me get the house ready so now it is really clean. I'm hoping we can keep it that way until Kylee comes.

I hope all of you had a good holiday.

5 comments:

Shyla said...

The family picture is great. Becca you look beautiful! I can't wait to see pics of Miss Kylee I'm sure she will be perfect. Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year. Personally I'm hoping Kylee is the 1st baby born in 2008 :)

Amanda said...

I am so happy for you, that sounds like a wonderful Christmas!!! The family picture is beautiful. I can't wait to see one with all four. :) It makes me smile to read about your growing family. You guys are so sweet and special.

By the way, have I told you that Jeremy's sister's family will be moving to Ft. Hood? Maybe we will finally make it over your way!

Chris said...

I thought the turkey was particularly well carved.

Ashley S said...

Love the family picture! So great!

Herken Family said...

Great family photo! Can't wait to see the new little one!