Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My very handyman!

Saturday I noticed that the house seemed kind of hot. I have been a little hot natured lately, but I decided to check the thermostat. It said that it was 80 degrees when it was supposed to be 78 degrees! The air conditioner had been running continuously so I knew that something was wrong. Jonathan opened the a/c closet to investigate and found that ice had formed on the a/c. That wasn't good.

We let it thaw every time that we left the house and we made it through the weekend. Monday we left the a/c off for more thawing. The repair man came out to look at the system Monday afternoon. He said that the coil was dirty and it would cost about $400. Jonathan asked if there was any way that he could fix it. The man said to go and buy some cleaner from Home Depot and it should do the trick.

When I got home from work it was 87 degrees in here! I turned the a/c on and it did not get any cooler than 86! I was very worried about how we were going to sleep. After dinner Jonathan used the spray and thawed out the sheet of ice. We slept very well thanks to my very own handyman!

2 comments:

Sendy said...

Yay for Jonathan! You've got a great handyman!

Chris said...

Maybe you could sleep closer to where the ice is?