Monday, June 12, 2006

Top 10 Reasons I Like Summer

This is my first Top Ten, so give me a break, they might get better as I learn.

10. I have no excuse not to exercise, read my Bible, clean the house or make dinner; wait that might be a reason that I don't like summer.

9. I get to make dinner every night if I want to.

8. I don't resent Jonathan for not cleaning the house or doing the dishes because I have been home to do them.

7. I get to really get my house clean, even in the corners.

6. I have learned that sleeping late really just makes me more tired. So I have decided to get up when Jonathan leaves and get started with my day, then find time to take a nap.

5. I will finally get to have my nieces and nephews up to visit from Austin.

4. I can go out with my girlfriends to get a coke.

3. Belton Christian Youth Center for Bryan! He goes almost everyday, I just have to tell him that I need to run errands like Wal-Mart and he asks, "When are we going to leave?"

2. I have been perfecting the one song that I can play on the piano, "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning" from Oklahoma. On Friday I started learning a second piece, "The Surrey with the Fringe on the Top."

1. I have not spent all of my patience at school, so I am generally pleasent to Bryan. I also actually enjoy serving my husband when he gets home and I finally have the energy to spend quality time with him.

6 comments:

Karen said...

I wish I still had summers. Maybe again one day.

Anonymous said...

That is a great top ten! There sure seems to be a theme though...and it is something we have in common, housework! :) I am glad you are able to enjoy your summer. Maybe someday soon I can be one of those girlfriends you go out with.

Rebecca said...

Yes housework seems to be a recurring theme in my life. I can't wait until you are one of the girlfriends that I can go out with!

Chris said...

1. Aunt Becca watches the kids for us.

Rebecca said...

Yes, I'm sorry Chris I should have numbered acording to your priorities. What was I thinking.

Rebecca said...

Elvis, you're back!