Saturday, August 27, 2005

Preparations


Well for those of you who haven't heard, we are very close to buying our first house. It is very cute and in a good neighborhood. It is only five minutes from our church so we have no excuse for being late. We are supposed to close on Sept. 30th, but the owners are going to lease it to use this month for a very cheap $5 so that we can mow the water the lawn. We went to go and mow today and I discovered why it is considered men's work. I am a big wimp. I mowed the backyard all by myself and then I was spent. Jonathan couldn't understand, but let me tell you it was very hot. The air conditioner was on in the house, we could see it running, but we have no key yet, so all I could do is look in the windows and see the cool air.

10 comments:

Amy said...

What a nice house! You guys must be so proud. And how nice of them to charge you five dollars for the pleasure of doing the yardwork.

Chris said...

That could be dangerous if you do not have alot of water with you. I did the Front friday, and the back today. It is easier if you split it up. Your new house looks really sharp.

Rebecca said...

Yes we thought that it was great to pay for yard work, it brings a new appreciation.

We have never paid for water before so we aren't really sure how much watering we should do. Any advice?

Chris said...

Yes, you can never water too much in Texas, especially this time of year, so do as much as is legal in your community. If it turns brown and dies you are not doing it enough.

Karen said...

We can tell Jonathan is a pro at this, with his head shawl and all. Even though it was tiring, was it not cool to be doing it at your first house?!

Rebecca said...

That is very good advice! We can't get the water turned on until Thursday so it will be over a week since it was watered, I hope it survives. Now I really hope that we get some rain.

Karen,
Yes it was very exciting to be mowing our first yard. I am told by friends that the newness will quickly wear off, but we will enjoy it while we can.

Chris said...

In about a month you will wish you lived in an apartment where you do not have to mow the lawn.

Amy said...

Yes, and then a month after that it will stop growing and you will park the mower.
We only mow our grass when we can't find the kids.

Karen said...

I just noticed... it looks like Jonathan is in the back yard in this picture. And you said you mowed it by yourself. Hmmm... ????????????

Rebecca said...

I agree that the newness will ware off. It is still fun now. We went over and watered the lawn on Friday night for about an hour and then it poured down rain as soon as we were done. I guess you could say that the lawn is definetely watered.

Amy I will remember that when we have kids, what a great parengin tip.

And yes Karen, Jonathan was in the backyard for the picture. I had him pose after he was done because we forgot to take a picture. So I did in fact mow the back by myself!