Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Hug Your Family

Jonathan had a wreck today. But don't worry he is okay, just a little neck ache. He rear ended an 18 wheeler. It was pouring like cats and dogs this morning and a truck two cars in front of him lost control and started spinning. The 18 wheeler slowed down really fast and Jonathan couldn't compensate fast enough because he was hydroplaning. He said his bumper went under the back of the 18 wheeler and pushed his battery and stuff into the engine. Needless to say the car wouldn't start. He thinks it is totaled, but we'll see what the insurance decides. The cops had to declare that he was at fault because he was following too close. Jonathan said he wasn't following very close, the 18 wheeler just came to a dead stop. The cop said he didn't really do anything wrong, but that he had to blame someone. At least he didn't give him a ticket.

So now we have to buy a car really fast, pray that we will find a good deal on a very used car.

Needless to say I came straight home and gave him a big hug!

6 comments:

Amy said...

how about a very good deal on a moderately used car? I'll pray for that. We have purchased very used cars and have never had luck with them.
Glad he is okay. That's scary business.

Mary Ann Melton said...

I am so glad Jonathan was not hurt - it must have been scary hitting an 18 wheeler like that! Cars are replaceable - people are not!

We just bought a "new to us" car. God blessed us with exactly the type of car I was looking for with the features I wanted, and at below blue book value (thanks to a small stain on the passenger seat.) I know you'll find a good used one! Happy Shopping!

Karen said...

LOL, Amy! Rebecca might catch the Chris syndrome if she is not careful. I already talked to her in person, so it's okay if I make a joke in this post.

My heart jumped in my throat and the eyes watered when I heard. Jonathan, I hope you do know I love you too. So glad you are okay!

Karen said...

I meant the Chris syndrome of clicking publish before you proofread, not anything to do with buying very used cars.

Anonymous said...

Jonathan you are so special to us. Ed and I are so thankful you are okay. You have been on my heart all afternoon. I was so scared when Becca called and said Jonathan totaled his car. My heart sank until she said you were okay.
We Love You,
Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

So glad you are ok...