Monday, August 08, 2005

Back to Work

So today was my first day back at school. We were sitting in meetings with administration and I realized how thankful I should be to be at my school. In case you hadn't read from Karen's blog, I am at a brand new school this year. My principal transferred and I got to go with him. So anyway, back to the meeting. We were in the principals office going over the staff handbook and some of the other teachers started to ask questions about procedures and stuff. I found these things out about the way that other schools are run:

Teachers are not allowed to talk in the halls
Teachers are not allowed to even touch the copier, much less make a copy
Teachers are not allowed to use their cell phones at all
Teachers have to turn their lesson plans in daily to be checked over

None of these things are happening at my school. We are treated like the professionals that we are, no micro-managing.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Yeah but, are you allowed to chew gum in class?

Chris said...

That is so cool that you can hang out in the halls all of the time, and talk to the other teachers and use your cell phones and stuff. I bet it sure beats hanging out in the classroom teaching all of the time, huh? That would get old fast!

I do think the one about the teachers not being allowed to use the copy machine is a good idea though.

Karen said...

Becca, I just sent an email to the boss to ask off for next Thurs and Fri. Both for J's graduation and for a small break before classes start back up. Can I spend the night Wed? Then I can go to school with you on Thurs and hang out in the halls with all the teachers.

Rebecca said...

Well all of you you could come up and we could have a hall part-ay!