Sunday, February 21, 2010

Great weekend!

We had a great weekend! Karen and Scott (my sister and brother-in-law) came to visit Friday night and we had fun catching up. Then Saturday morning Karen and I headed to my shower that my friends from church threw me. I am so blessed to have such a sweet group of friends!!

Me and the Grandmothers!

All the yummy food :)

All of the sweet gifts

All of the hostesses

My sisters, my mom and I

When I was about to leave the shower I felt two gushes down my legs. I thought that my water had broken, but I wasn't sure if I might have just peed on myself. So Jonathan and I waited around a while to see what would happen. I was worried and couldn't tell so we went to labor and deliver. They hooked me up to the monitors and checked me. They said that the litmus paper should turn blue if my water broke and yellow if not. She said that it was yellow and blue. There were a few other factors, but she gave me an ultrasound to be sure. She said that my fluid looked great and she was pretty sure that it hadn't broken. They had me stay on the monitor for quite a while and they said that I was contracting every 2-3 minutes. I wasn't in pain, but she checked to make sure that I wasn't dilating. I was at a 2. I have another doctor's appt. in the morning so we'll see what he says.

Karen helped me go through all of the fun shower gifts and get them put away. Thanks sis! Then tonight we had life group at our house and we had a great time with some great friends. We feel so blessed.

Here are some pictures and a video from Kylee playing the other day. Notice how she pauses to say cheese b/c she thinks I am taking her picture.




3 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a weekend! Sorry for the fun excursion to L&D! Can't tell you how many women I've sent home over the years for that same thing, so you are in good company! :-) Praying these next few days/weeks go super smoothly, and we meet a super healthy Bailey soon!

PAMELA RICHARDSON said...

HOWDY YALL,IM NEW HERE~~45,AND I CANT FIGURE OUT ALL THIS POSSTING STUF~~LOL~~HELP?HUGS,PAMELA

PAMELA RICHARDSON said...

JENNIFER~I LOVED THE FAMILY PHOTOS!