Monday, February 01, 2010

Almost 34 weeks

I will be 34 weeks on Wednesday and I started my two week appointments today. The doctor said that I was measuring right on target. I asked him if he could guess how big she is. He felt my belly and told me that she was head down (she has a hard butt) and that she felt a little on the big side, but not too huge. I just hope that she is not much bigger than Kylee since I am going to try to have a vaginal delivery! He said that my titers are still at zero so that is great news.

Kylee was great at the appointment today. She stayed in her stroller until we got back to the room and then she pointed to the bed and said, "My bed!" I let her get on the bed and she laid down for a while with her blanket. Then she discovered the little changing area with the curtain that moves like a shower curtain. We played peek-a-boo for a while and she was very excited. Then while the doctor was examining me she sat in her seat and ate her raisins. Then she wanted to walk to the car so I told her she had to hold my hand. She did all the way to the car. Such a big girl!

I think that I have started nesting. We put Bailey's bed in Kylee's room, I ordered Kylee new bedding, I bought storage bins for the girls toys and I have been tidying up our room. Jonathan and Quinton put a vent in our closet over the weekend. Bailey will be spending her first couple of months in there until she is sleeping longer and won't wake sister up as much. Now she has a vent so she won't be cold/hot like Kylee was.

I decided to let Kylee help me make dinner tonight. I was making breakfast burritos (yes we have breakfast for dinner a lot!) I put the eggs and sausage in the tortillas and then I let her put the cheese on top. I poured the cheese in a bowl and she had a ball. I think she ate more cheese than she put in the burritos, but that's okay. Some of the eggs and sausage fell out of a burrito and said, "Uh oh!" I told her it was okay and that we could just eat what fell out. She liked that idea! I think I am going to try and find more ways to let her help me cook, she seemed to really enjoy it.

Here is a picture from a couple of weeks ago. Then there are some random ones of Kylee!


4 comments:

Michelle said...

It's almost time! You're looking great. Kylee is adorable and growing up so fast!

Shyla said...

You look very adorable. Can't wait for Bailey to get here ;)!

Unknown said...

I love your belly! Lily also enjoys helping me cook, but it is hard to find stuff she can help with. Hopefully our little girls keep up this helpful streak until they're teenagers :)

Becky said...

tick, tick, tick...that ole' clock is just ticking right away! Before you know it, you'll be posting pictures of Kylee holding Bailey on here and JONATHAN will be making dinner :)

HUGS!!!