Thursday, February 18, 2010

36 weeks

I went for my 36 week appt. yesterday. The doc said that I am 1 1/2 cm dilated and 50 percent effaced. He said that Bailey is going to be big like Kylee (she was 8.8 lbs). He said because of her size he would love for me to deliver at 37 weeks, but we'll have to see what she has in mind. He cannot induce me because I am doing a v-bac. So we have to wait for me to go into labor on my own. He also said that my eyesight will go back to normal (where I can wear contacts again) about two weeks after I deliver. I have so missed my contacts!!

Kylee really wanted me to read her books yesterday. So she kept going and getting books and then trying to climb in my lap on the couch. I usually have her sit on one of my legs, but yesterday she really wanted to sit in the middle of my lap. She would push on my belly with her whole body trying to make room for herself. She did not understand that I had a huge belly there blocking her! I'm sure she will be glad to have my lap back, but probably not so glad that she will have to share it with sister.

I need to post another belly shot. I will try to get Jonathan to take one tonight!

3 comments:

Becky said...

those bellies do hog up all the reading room, huh? i'm sure at this point in the pregnancy you'll be glad to get some room back yourself!

and i can't believe bailey could be born next week....CRAZY

Jennifer said...

she'll come when she's ready. i have full confidence that you'll be able to handle her size, whatever it may be! you'll do great! cannot believe it is so close! good thing we're having your shower this weekend! don't deliver before that! :-)

Shyla said...

I'll pray the next few weeks go smoothly for you. I'm sure once Bailey shows up Kylee will be completely entranced :)!