Thursday, December 10, 2009

The directionally gifted

For those of you who know me well, know that I am very directionally challenged. My father-in-law is getting me a garmon for my birthday to help me with this challenge. Bryan is very good at directions. Sometimes he tells me how to get places in Belton that I have been to before, I just don't remember how I got there.

Kylee apparently has his gift. For those of you who are locals, you will know where I am talking about. Kylee knows that after we drop off Bubba at school we turn right to go to "class" on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If I turn left to go home, she cries for class. I figured this was probably normal for a kid her age since we do it so often, but little did I know how gifted she was.

We had to run to Hobby Lobby yesterday to get some things for work. After we finished our shopping, we had to go to the teacher store to get some things that Hobby Lobby did not have. I pulled off of Scott street and took a left onto 31st street. Kylee cried in the backseat, "No Mommy, home!" She knew that in order to get home we were supposed to turn right! After we finished at the teacher store we headed back toward the loop at which time she said, "Daddy, Daddy." I was trying to figure out what she was talking about. Then we turned right onto the loop and she was very upset and started screaming for Daddy. She knew that John Deere was to the left and we were going the wrong way. If only I could have inherited some of her sense of direction!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this picture. It is so good of Bryan and Kylee.
Grandma