Saturday, June 07, 2008

She came out of the closet!

Last night we decided to let Kylee come out of the closet :) Since I have been working, we have been letting her sleep in our closet. It is very convenient since she has still been eating in the middle of the night. Now that I am not working, we decided to put her all the way across the house (remember that we have a huge house-1250 whole sq. feet). So we did our night routine with her: bath, eat, 2 stories and laid her down about 7:40. She cried for about 30 minutes and was still not asleep. So I picked her up and held her for a minute and then was ready to lay her back down. We realized that she was looking all around the room and it seemed to be keeping her up. So we hung a blanket over her windows and she laid her head down and went right to sleep! She was used to sleeping in the very dark closet.

After she had fallen asleep we heard her cd acting weird. The music was going really fast like someone was pushing the fast forward button. It was very strange. This morning we figured out what happened. Kylee scooted all the way across the bed and was pushing the buttons on the cd player with her head (Daddy had placed it in the crib with her). What a silly girl!!!

She slept all the way from 8:30-5:45! I actually got 7 hours of sleep in a row. It was great. Then I fed her and laid her back down at 6:20 and she slept until 9:00! It was a good night. Now I need to find some blackout curtains for her room.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I can see it now: high school sleepover. "Where is your room?"
"I am in my parent closet. I started out there, and just never moved out."