Sunday, April 27, 2008

Update on Bryan

Thank you for all of your prayers we could really feel them on Friday. Jonathan and I decided to take Thursday off and spend a "fun day" with Bryan before we took him to Stephenville on Friday. We got up and had donuts for breakfast. Then we went to Killeen to go bowling and have lunch. We ended the day by playing at the arcade at the mall and watching "Nim's Island." We did have a lot of fun.

When we got home we spent most of the evening packing and we had lots of hugs and we explained to him again how much we love him. Friday morning we got up and packed a few more things and headed out to Stephenville. He seemed like he was in good spirits and when we got there he was very excited to show off his toys. We talked to the houseparents about some of the concerns that we had and they seemed to be very familiar with all of them. When it was time for us to go we wanted to take him on a walk and talk to him one more time, but he didn't want to. He wanted to say a quick good-bye and go back to playing the x-box. I'm glad that he wasn't sad, but Jonathan and I were very upset. I hid it until I got to the car so that he wouldn't see.

We both miss him a lot and the house it quiet without him. I can't wait to see him again. But I know that the home will a place where he can learn some of the social skills that he desperately needs. Please continue to keep all of us in your prayers.

2 comments:

Shyla said...

What an amazing and wonderful gift you and Jonathan gave Bryan. And what brave people all of you are to know when it's time to let God take over. I will continue to pray for peace of mind for all of you.

Herken Family said...

You guys are in my prayers!~ Candice