Friday, April 11, 2008

First week back

Thank you for all of your thoughts and prayers on my first day back. I only had a two day week and Friday was a half day because Fort Hood had some sort of celebration. I made a dvd of Kylee for my kids to watch because I knew that they would all want to see her.Tthat made for a really easy way to get back into teaching.

My kids were all very excited to see me, I got lots of hugs. The principal acted like he didn't recognize me :)

It was very hard to leave Kylee :( But luckily Jonathan's sister came down to watch her, so I knew she was in good hands (Thanks Shara). The first morning she cried for 30 minutes when she realized that Shara wasn't me. When I got home she nursed pretty much all evening (I think it was a lot of just sucking). Today she wouldn't take her bottle, but gladly nursed when I got home. I don't want her to miserable, but it felt good that she missed me.

Next week is only a four day week. It was hard to leave her, but it was great to see her when I got home!

2 comments:

Mary Ann Melton said...

This is an adjustment for both of you, but summer is not far away. She will get used to the new schedule.

But I'll be thinking and praying that this will be a smooth transition.

Love and blessings,
Mary Ann

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

Glad it went so well. Sorry about Thursday-- probably best though: both boys ended up with upper-respiratory infections and Jonathan has an ear infection. Good thing we didn't give our germs to Miss K. Hope you have another good week! I always look for you on the playground, but wasn't sure if you were ever able to make it out there! Happy Monday!