Thursday, January 31, 2008

Kylee

Well Kylee is almost 3 weeks old! I can't believe it has already been 3 weeks. Jonathan and I are still adjusting, but she seems to have made herself at home :) My mom has been here the last two nights and she takes the night shift and Jonathan and I have slept 5 hours in a row each night. Kylee seems to really like to be on a schedule. She actually sleeps better during the day though. We usually have to hold her at night. But hopefully eventually we can put her in her bed at night.

Daddy is holding her right now and singing to her. She is really fascinated by him. I love to watch them together. She looks just like him. Sometimes I can see her when I look at him now.

The doctors told me to not take her anywhere for the first month or so. It is RSV season and since she was so sick, they don't want to take any chances. So I haven't gotten to show her off yet! I can't wait to show her to people.

We went for her two week check-up on Tuesday and she has gained an oz. since she came home from the NICU. She started at 8.8 and now she is 7.12. The doctor didn't seem worried that she wasn't back at her birth weight, he was pleased that she was maintaining her weight. He said that she is very healthy. He did hear the heart murmur just a little bit, but said he was not concerned. We have an appt. with a cardiologist in March to make sure it is still okay as she grows.

Here are a few more pictures!





5 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, that pic on J's belly sure shows her head of hair! And it's even his color too. I still can't wait to see her!

Amanda said...

I'm so glad things seem to be getting better. We'll keep praying. She's beautiful!

Guess what, Jeremy's sister and her family moved to Ft. Hood this week! Yesterday actually. I haven't found out if they will be living on base or off. We will hopefully be heading up that way in the next few months and we would love to see you and meet you two children.

We love you guys!

April said...

She is so pretty! Congrats again!

Jennifer said...

ah yes, the obligatory baby sleeping on daddy picture! I love those! can't wait for you to get to show her off to all of us!!

April said...

I like the pictures! She is such a sweetie!