Wednesday, January 23, 2008

She's finally here!


Kylee Michelle was born on Saturday, January 12th at 2:48 PM. She weighed 8 lbs 8 oz and is 19 inches long. I ended up needing a cesarean because she was so big and I had an infection. It turns out that I had a uterus infection and that is what was causing those horrible pains in my right side. I stayed in the hospital for 3 days to recover, but Kylee had to stay for a total of 9 days. As soon as she was born they took her to the NICU to check her out.

The infection planted itself in Kylee's lungs and she had pneumonia. She was also having trouble breathing normally, had a bubble on the back of her head from being in the birthing canal too long, and had a low blood cell count. It was pretty scary to see her hooked up to all of those machines when she was so little. I was very thankful that she ended up being big so she had some to loose.

Jonathan and I had about 20 minutes with her before they discovered something was wrong and took her to the NICU for good. We each got to hold her for a few minutes and those minutes were very precious. We didn't get to hold her again for 4 days. I must say that was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do. I'm crying right now just thinking about it.

We have been flooded with prayers and love and to all of you, we want to say thank you. Our class at church has provided meals for us every night since we got home from the hospital. It is so nice to feel taken care of. My school gave me a shower the day before she was born. I wasn't able to go because I was at home with contractions. It was perfect, I got to come home to all of the presents and didn't have to be the center of attention. When we came home from the hospital without Kylee, it was nice to have a distraction to look at in her nursery.


She was released on Monday and I was so excited!! I went up there to feed her and stayed for a while just holding her. When the doctor came by to check on her she asked if I thought she was ready to go home. Of course I replied, "Yes!" The discharge process started and we got to bring her home that afternoon.

She is doing really well. She is breastfeeding nicely despite the fact that I had to pump for the first week and she was on the bottle. I am very thankful for that. Jonathan took off all of last week to take care of me and he is home this week to be with Kylee. I'm really going to miss him when he has to go back to work on Friday.



Bryan did not get to see her until we brought her home on Monday. He had the sniffles and he was not allowed in the NICU. He was so excited to finally get to meet her. He seems to be really fascinated by her. He doesn't even seem to mind her crying :) He is going to be a great big brother!

9 comments:

Ashley S said...

Aww Becca! I am so sorry you had to go through all of that but am so happy that she's better and home now!! She is absolutely beautiful. Congrats and can't wait to meet her!!

Shyla said...

Oh Becca & Jonathan. I'm so glad you finally got to bring Miss Kylee home. I know it was a challenging couple of weeks but God blessed you through it. Clay and I are glad she is healthy and ready to be in such a wonderful and loving family. I can't wait to see more pictures and hear the stories. Congratulations!

Karen said...

Oh, how I need to hold this child! She is so beautiful Becca. I'm so glad God answered all of our many prayers, and I'm so happy to see her in your arms. I love you.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad she's doing well! Praise God for taking care of all of you!

Anonymous said...

Jonathan and Rebecca,

She is BEAUTIFUL! I love all that dark hair. We can't wait to meet her in person. I'm so thankful she is better and hope you (Rebecca) are feeling better too!

Love and blessings,
Jama and Mike

Anonymous said...

congratulations, rebecca! so glad to hear the good news and that everything worked out in the end. so encouraging reading about your faith through it all.

have fun with your precious daughter! (aren't little girls the greatest?!)

-allison

April said...

Rebecca! I'm so glad to hear all is well! I've been wondering about you. She's precious! Congratulations!

Jennifer said...

She's beautiful, Rebecca! I'll have to come see her in person and let Abriella meet her too! We just got back in town, so hopefully we can catch up with y'all soon. Let us know if you need anything! --jen

April said...

Congratulations Rebecca! I'm so happy for you guys! She is beautiful! Isn't being a mom so much fun?!