Thursday, January 10, 2008

Getting ready

I started having sharp pains while I was at school yesterday. I made it through the day somehow and then I had to take Bryan to the doctor. It turns out that he has strep. He said that his throat was hurting, but he didn't have any fever over 99 and he was not acting sick at all. I know that strep knocks me down. But he does have it so we are at home today and I am trying not to let his germs get me.

So anyway, the pains. I could time them for a while and then they kind of subsided. About 10:30 last night I tried to lay down and go to sleep and they got really intense, so Jonathan took me to the hospital about 10:30. They checked me and said that I was only 1 cm, but my cervix was thinning nicely. Luckily my mom had come up so she was at home with Bryan. I decided to stay home today because I am still having some of the pains, they just aren't consistent.

When we went to the hospital last night, my mom told Bryan that he might have a sister in the morning, so this morning when he got up he noticed that Kylee's door was closed. He asked why it was closed and if she was asleep in there. He wanted to go and see her. How sweet.

7 comments:

Mary Ann Melton said...

I am excited for you. Sounds like Kylee is ready to be born! I'll be praying for a smooth delivery!

Love & Blessings!

Karen said...

That is so cute about Bryan. I bet he is going to be a great big brother. Congrats on the first "go to the hospital." I'm excited for her to come soon.

Shyla said...

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see pictures. I'll keep you in my prayers over the next few days.

April said...

Wow, congrats on the progress. I am still waiting although my due date has come and gone! Please pray for me that it comes soon! I will be praying for you too!

Gina said...

I've been reading about Kylee's birth on Karen's blog.
You are in my prayers. The NICU isn't a fun place, but sometimes it's the best place. Our God is the Great Physician. He can heal your precious baby.
God bless...we're thinking about you.

Gina

Shyla said...

I saw Karen's pics... she is beautiful. Congrats. You'll be in my prayers and I know Miss Kylee will be home soon.

kristi@ishouldbemoppingthefloor said...

So glad to hear she is now home! I'll see you on Friday! I can't wait to meet her. CONGRATS!!