Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Big News!!!

I can finally blog about it! I am pregnant!! I took a test on my first late day and it was faintly positive. The next day I took two more tests, faintly positive. So I called the doctor and they gave me a test. After 16 hours of waiting, I finally got their results--positive!

So I started calling family. I called all of my family except for my mom and mother-in-law. Jonathan wanted to tell them in person, which I thought was a great idea, but it was hard to keep it in.

We went down to Austin Sunday night and I had to keep the secret until lunch on Monday when my mom came over. We wrapped up a newborn baby outfit for each mom and put a print out from my pregnancy test on top. We told them that we had a late Mother's Day gift for them and they had to open them at exactly the same time. Needless to say they were very excited.

I haven't had any cravings or sickness yet. I have had a reduction in my appetite, which worried me. But thanks to the internet, I found out that was normal. When I am hungry, I have to eat right away or I get this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I am hoping to get to see the doctor by next week. I am going up there to set up the payment plan with my insurance today. Who knew that you had to pay for having the baby before you could even see the doctor?

By the internet calculations, I am about 6 weeks pregnant. So that would make me due around January 28th, but we'll see what the doctor says.

I will update more often now that I am home for the summer.

11 comments:

Mary Ann Melton said...

WOOHOO! I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I hope that morning sickness will not be a big part of your pregnancy experience, but at least it is summer and by the time school starts you should be past the worst of that. What wonderful news!

Karen said...

Yay, we can now tell the world! We need to get you one of those internet tickers for your blog.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I am exstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!Mom told me this morning and I told Emmy and she was like,"Yeah, I know Kimmie! I'm trying to have a baby too. I'm getting fatter."
-Kim (Can't log in for some reason)

Karen said...

Kimmie, that is absolutely hilarious what Emmy said. How is it that little people have such ideas?!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Becca! How does Bryan feel about it? Is he excited? Keep us all updated! :) (Especially since I won't be having any kids.)

-Amanda T.

Ruth Ann said...

Congratulations Sis and Jonathan! I am sooo happy for you! Sorry we missed your call yesterday...we were in and outside the house doing decluttering, etc. I guess I should have checked the msgs. earlier...oh well, we will catch you again ...love you!

Anonymous said...

Cobgratulations, Rebecca :) I am so happy for you. I am sure you will make a wonderful mom.

Chris said...

How did it happen?

Karen said...

Yes, Becca, do tell us :-)

Or should we wait for Bryan to ask.

Dirty Bunny said...

Congratulations! There's nothing, and I mean NOTHING more rewarding than being a parent. Awesome news!

Rebecca said...

Yes I definitely think that Bryan might come up with a really good answer for that one! The other day he said that the baby was going to come out of my bottom. :)