Friday, May 04, 2007

A musical week

Monday was our choir field trip. We took the kids bowling as their reward, had lunch at a park and then headed to 2 nursing homes to perform. The kids did really well and all of the residents were very excited that we were there. Needless to say I was exhausted after Monday. The field trip wasn't all that stressful, but just knowing that you are responsible for 45 kids is stressful!

Wednesday morning we did two performances for our school. The kids did pretty well, but not as good as I had hoped. Thursday evening we performed for parents and friends. That was their best performance yet! I was so proud of them. I wish I could show you pictures, but I don't think I am allowed to without written permission from the parents, so you can just imagine me standing in front of some kids.


Today the Oklahoma Christian Band came to my school and played for our kids. We were the last stop on their recruiting tour. It was so good to see Heath and Fletch. I recognized one other person, but I can't remember his name. I got to play on Oklahoma ! and America the Beautiful. Wow it has certainly been a while since I have played!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like you had a great week. I'm so glad you got to see Fletch and Heath and introduce your kids to band stuff. From what you told me, it sounds like you had a great day today.

Anonymous said...

Becca,
Fletch looks so good.I guess his wife did not come.I know the kids at your school enjoyed seeing you play with the band.
Mom