Monday, July 10, 2006

They are Married!

Well after a crazy 3 days in Austin, Karen and Scott are married and I got a text message that they made it to Hawaii about 10:40 last night and were on their way to get something to eat.

The wedding was beautiful! I have no pictures though because I could not find my digital camera. I finally found it after everything was over and it was in my backpack the whole time. Isn't that the way it goes? It was really good to see a lot of old friends at the wedding. There was a great turn out. The middle section of the church was full!

Karen decided to have an aisle runner down the middle of the church. It was white with little detail flowers. It was beautiful. One of the reasons she wanted the runner was so that the rose petals would show up on the maroon floor. But cute little Emily did not have a chance to drop the flowers. NatJ grabbed her hand to walk down the aisle and she was left with no hands to drop the petals. The kids were awesome though. Emily only took her shoes off once during the ceremony at which time I invited her to go and sit with her mom. She probably would have made it through, but it was hard for me to concentrate on the wedding and keep an eye on her.

There were so many people who worked so hard to make this day special for Karen and Scott! Thanks to everyone, I know it means the world to them.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Karen!!!!
Hey Rebecca,
I love reading your blog.
I've changed the URL to mine. Just to let you know here is the link (also so you can change it on your link to it) :
http://4-leaf-clover2000.spaces.msn.com
Talk to ya later.
~Sendy