Saturday, March 20, 2010

Bailey Katherine Tome

Bailey Katherine arrived Friday, March 12th at 11:33 AM. My doctor stripped my membranes on Wednesday at my appt. and I started having contractions on Thursday about 5:30 PM. We went to labor and delivery about midnight and they admitted me. I got to 5 cm (all back labor) before my epidural and I was proud of that. Thanks to Nate my favorite anesthesiologist. Here is a picture of me with my epidural!

The delivery was going great until I reached +2 station and I had a tear that wouldn't stop bleeding so they tried to stitch it up before Bailey was out. That didn't work and they got worried that they couldn't stop the bleeding and wanted to get Bailey out so they used forceps. Needless to say I am still on pain meds, but I am very thankful that I got to have a v-bac instead of another c-section!

I had meconium (sp?) in my water so they warned me that the NICU would be examining Bailey when she was born. They came and told me that they would have to take her back to the NICU b/c she was having trouble breathing and needed some oxygen. I did get to see her and hold her hand before she left and she is beautiful. I started crying b/c this is the same think that happened with Kylee. I knew they would take good care of her and I was thankful for that.

By the time that they moved me over to my regular room, Bailey was doing better and they brought her to see me. She latched on right away and wanted to eat! Our Moms brought the kids up to see Bailey and Kylee was absolutely fascinated and wanted to hold her and do everything with her. She finally had her very own live baby doll! At one point my mom asked if she could hold Bailey and Kylee said, "No I hold her!"





We had a good first night, except for the fact that she did not want to nurse for more than 5 minutes at a time. She would scream until I would put her on my shoulder and let her go back to sleep. I just thought that maybe she wasn't very hungry or something. Saturday night my sister noticed that her lips were a little blue. The nurse came in and noticed that she was breathing pretty fast so she measure her pulse ox on her foot. Next thing I knew they were taking her to the NICU again. We went to see her late that night and I started the process of pumping.

I had to go home on Sunday morning and leave our sweet little girl there. We made it through the week visiting her in the morning and then in the evening when Jonathan got off. I tried to nurse her in the NICU, but she really like her bottle.

This was the Threads of Love outfit that Kylee wore while she was in the NICU

I was very nervous to bring her home and nurse her full-time. I so want to nurse her, but I wasn't sure that she would agree. So far she has done great. I have to use a little formula in a syringe to get her to latch on, but once she does she actually stays on. She has been nursing since we got home, but doesn't seem satisfied. So Jonathan gave her a bottle and she is out. I think she is just trying to build up my milk supply, so I know it will be a long process,but will get better.

Kylee was so excited to see her again. Our friend Jennifer met us up at the hospital and stayed in the waiting room with Kylee while we got Bailey. Someone told me that it is good to go home as a family so we wanted her to ride home in the car with Bailey. We bought balloons and a cake to make it a party, but Kylee didn't seem to want the cake. I guess we will eat it another time!!

Kylee looking at her new sister!

Bailey's first ride in the car. She didn't cry at all

Here is a video of Kylee talking to Bailey on the way home. When we got home she said, "Home, come on Bailey, let's watch Movers (Imagination Movers)." When we got in the house she held Bailey on the couch and they watched Movers together. It was adorable!!

Kylee and Bailey watching their first episode of Movers together

Bailey is eating better now. At first she didn't want to nurse b/c the bottle was so much easier. But she is learning and I know it will get better and better each day. Jonathan is off tomorrow and Tuesday Kylee will go to preschool, so Wednesday is my first day by myself with both of them. I hope we make it!!
Kylee was pumping her belly button for milk to get milk Bailey

Kylee on her way to see sister!!

Yay! Bailey was discharged.

6 comments:

Lori Pitts said...

Yay! I'm so glad she is home. She sure is a cutie. I love love love the picture of Kylee trying to pump her belly button. I have a picture of Annslea at Mimi and Papo's pumping her two decorations to get milk for Cawley. Sweet babies. We love you guys and can't wait to meet the new addition.

Jennifer said...

I am so happy for y'all! It was so sweet to see Kylie's reaction when you brought Bailey into the waiting room! Sweet video!

Jennifer said...

Great pictures! So glad I was able to hold Bailey yesterday and visit some. (I do have to say as a side note that I'm still irritated/frustrated/and other things...at how your delivery went. I get a bit passionate when any woman, but especially my friends, end up with sub-par care that causes them to suffer more. I wasn't there, obviously, but the different things that occurred with those residents should not have). I'll be quiet now! :-) ANYWAY, SO thankful that Bailey is home, happy, and nursing away! Praying she gets better every session!! You and Jonathan are wonderful parents!

Shyla said...

Glad everyone is home safe and sound!

Sendy said...

I'm so happy that you are all home safe and sound! The pictures are great and that video is so precious! Sure do wish we were there to hug you all! I miss you!

We've been praying for you!

pandawa mobile said...

this you familyyyyyy